Totaal aantal pageviews

donderdag 8 mei 2014

Osaze: I’ll prove I have changed

Returnee Eagles forward Osaze Odemwingie insists he will prove that he is changed man when he links up with the African champions later this month for an international friendly against Scotland on May 28 at Craven Cottage, England and pre-World Cup training camp in Houston, Texas.
Osaze has been handed a World Cup lifeline by Eagles coach Stephen Keshi, who named the 32 year old Norwich City forward in his 30-man provisional squad for the World Cup, kicking off June 12 in Sao Paolo.
Osaze earned his place in the team after ending his feud with Keshi. The duo fell out after the former Lille and West Brom star was sensationally excluded from Keshi’s 2013 Africa Cup of Nations squad. Nigeria won the title, all thanks to the striking duo of Emmanuel Emenike and Victor Moses.
But following his public apology to Keshi and the Nigeria Football Federation and his rise in form in the EPL, which has seen him scored five goals in the colours of Norwich, the former Lokomotiv Moscow star has found his way back in the Eagles mix and vows to make the most of the precious opportunity to play at the biggest stage of world football.
Osaze
Osaze
Speaking to the Stoke Sentinel, Osaze said “I am very excited to be included in the provisional squad for the World Cup and hope to show everyone that I have changed and will prove my worth for the good of the team”.
Odemwingie, 32, last featured for the Eagles during a barren draw against Rwanda in February 2012.
And in separate chat with BBC Sport, Osaze who has played 55 time for Nigeria, admitted that “I made mistakes in the past but I’ve put all that behind me now. I thank the manager for this chance.
“This is good for my career because I am in a better place right now. I just want to make my own contribution to the team and my country.”

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten